Ms. Sylvia S.W. Lam - Consultant Dietitian
- Languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin
- Master of Nutrition and Dietetics (University of Sydney)
- Bachelor in Nutritional Sciences (University of British Columbia)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Diabetes Management and Education (CUHK)
- Accredited Practising Dietitian (Dietitian Australia)
- Accredited Dietitian (Hong Kong Academy of Accredited Dietitians)
- Full Member (Hong Kong Dietitians Association)
- Approved Practitioner (Australian Centre for Eating Disorders)
- Email: [email protected]
Sylvia graduated with a Master of Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Sydney, Australia, in 2000. She has been practicing in Hong Kong for more than years, specializing mainly in diabetes, cardiac rehabilitation, weight management, other obesity related conditions, and eating disorders. Currently, Sylvia is the Chairperson of the Professional Council of the Hong Kong Academy of Accredited Dietitians (HKAAD). She was the Chairperson of the Hong Kong Dietitians Association (HKDA) from 2007 to 2019, and the External Affairs Officer from 2019 to 2021, actively promoting Hong Kong’s dietitian profession. She is also the country representative of Hong Kong of the International Confederation of Dietetics (ICD), and the council member of the Hong Kong Association of Sports Medicine and Sport Science (HKASMSS).
She often provides nutrition seminars to local and international conferences, corporate companies, schools, and academic institutions. She is also a reputable spokesperson for the dietetic profession providing accurate and up-to-date nutrition education and information to the general public through newspapers, television, and radio programs. Besides, she published more than 10 nutrition cookbooks, including sports nutrition, therapeutic diet for people with diabetes and heart diseases, weight management, nutrition support for cancer patients, vegetarianism, infant and child nutrition, and more.