Ms. Amy Wu - Counsellor
- Languages: Cantonese, Mandarin
- Registered Marriage and Family Counseling Therapist, National Association of Christian Counselors(USA NACC)
- Member of National Association of Christian Counselors (USA NACC)
- Certificate in Marriage and Family Counseling ,(USA NACC)
- Master of Arts in Community Counseling Simpson University (USA SU)
- Certificate in Marriage and Counseling, Simpson University (USA SU)
- Master of Christian Counseling (MCC) & Bachelor of Christian Counseling (BCC), Hong Kong Institute of Christian Counselors (HKICC)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Christian Marriage and Family Therapy Hong Kong Institute of Christian Counselors (HKICC)
- Certificate in Elderly Mentoring, Institute of Active Aging, Hong Kong Polytechnic University(HKPU)
- Counsellor, Hong Kong Bluebell College(HKBC)
- Email: [email protected]
Amy is an experienced artist with healthy image. She is also a professional psychological counselor who won the “Outstanding Woman Award 2012” presented by the Hong Kong Women Development Association.
Apart from her years of being an artist, Amy actively participated in works related to psychological counseling in recent years. From 2013 to 2020, Amy hosted a Metro Radio programme “Sorry I Love You”, focusing on promoting positive emotions. She was nominated by the Metro Radio to be awarded as “Caring Ambassador” of the The Hong Kong Council of Social Service. Amy was a columnist of Ming Pao Weekly on “Mastering Emotions Well” (「知情識緒」). She also published a book, titled “Dancing with Happiness” (「快樂與我共舞」), and participated in different health talks, focusing on emotions and wellbeing.
Amy is passionate in lots of voluntary charitable psychological counseling works. In 2018, she joined the “Say Sorry, Psychological Counseling” (「Say Sorry心理輔導」) of the Correctional Team at the Correctional Services Department, offering voluntary services to youth offenders.
During the pandemic, Amy was invited by the Hong Kong Christian Counseling Service to join the “Charitable Psychological Counseling” service, helping those with emotional needs, reaching 250 sessions. She was also awarded the “Outstanding Woman – Excellence Award” (「傑出活齡女性 －卓越大獎」) by a women’s group “Wings Hong Kong” , recognizing her devotion to serve the wide community.
In 2019, Amy officially started her career in the psychological counseling field. She is particular skillful in dealing with ones loss and pain during the course of personal growth; helping elderlies to open up themselves, cultivating positive life style for the public and the needy through songs and health talks.