Mr. Aled Tang - Clinical Psychologist
- Languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin
- Master of Social Sciences (Clinical Psychology, Distinction), The University of Hong Kong
- Master of Social Sciences (Mental Health), The University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Psychology), The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Member of Register of Clinical Psychologists accredited by Department of Health
- Registered Clinical Psychologist, Hong Kong Psychological Society
- Registered EMDR Therapist, EMDRHK
- Certified Mindfulness Instructor (MYmind)
- Clinical Supervisor (Low-intensity CBT)
- Email: [email protected]
Aled obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology at The Chinese University of Hong Kong and he was awarded scholarship for an exchange programme at the University of Cambridge. Wishing to serve people with emotional disturbance and to promote mental wellness in the community, Aled further pursued his study of Master of Social Sciences (Mental Health) and Master of Social Sciences (Clinical Psychology) at The University of Hong Kong. He is a registered clinical psychologist (Hong Kong Psychological Society) and a member of Register of Clinical Psychologists (HKICP) accredited by Department of Health. Apart from his private practice, he also serves in Non-governmental organization.
Aled provides both assessment and therapy to children, adolescents and adults in his psychological services. By integrating the latest research and clinical expertise, he develops personalized treatment plans tailored to each client. Through close collaboration with his clients, he aims to provide effective interventions and help them achieve their goals of psychological well-being and personal growth. He cherishes the time he spends with clients and is dedicated to offering support, understanding, and professional guidance to facilitate positive transformations and a more fulfilling life.
Aled’s passion lies in promoting mental health and personal growth. He actively engages with the media, sharing his expertise through interviews and contributing articles to newspapers like Mingpao and AM730. Moreover, he’s been invited to provide trainings and deliver talks in diverse settings, including businesses, schools, and NGOs. He also shares psychology and mental health tips on social media platform. Aled’s ultimate goal is to make mental health support accessible to all and empower individuals on their journey of self-discovery and well-being.
Professional training received:
- Schema Therapy Certified Training Level 1 & 2
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy Basic Training Level 1 & 2
- Advanced mindfulness teacher training (MYmind) by University of Amsterdam
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Basic Training
- Clinical Supervisor course of Low-intensity Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Psychological assessment for children, adolescents and adults
- Intellectual assessment
- Dyslexia assessment
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) assessment
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) assessment
Psychological intervention for children, adolescents and adults
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Trauma related issues
- Personality disorders
- LGBTQ+ related issues
- Occupational/ academic stress and adjustment related issues
Professional consultation, training and public education
- Consultation/ training: case management, intervention direction and strategy, low-intensity CBT, transdiagnostic treatment approach (Unified Protocol) related, end-of-life training etc.
- Public education/ talk: stress reduction, mindfulness, growth mindset, dealing with work stress and improving productivity, elderly mental health, retirement adjustment, parenting workshop, youth mental health program, positive psychology etc.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Schema therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Mindfulness based intervention