Dr. Carole LI has 15 years of clinical experience in psychological assessment and treatment of adult mental health, as well as child and adolescent psychology. She is skilled in applying psychological theories in counselling and personal growth aspects. Additionally, Dr. LI is a specialist in treating depression, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, pain management, insomnia, stress-induced psychosomatic disorders, and parenting skills.
Besides Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dr. LI is also experienced in Mindfulness, Positive Psychology, and Biofeedback training. She is a registered yoga teacher and has a deep understanding in Mind-Body therapies. Furthermore, Dr. LI is currently a Senior Lecturer in the Clinical Psychology Training Programme of the University of Hong Kong.
Before commencing her private practice, Dr. LI served the Hospital Authority’s various hospitals for more than 10 years, namely, the United Christian Hospital, Tseung Kwan O Hospital, the Haven of Hope Hospital, the Prince of Wales Hospital, and Shatin Hospital, Oasis – Center for Personal Growth and Crisis Intervention.
Through interview, observation and standardized assessment tools to understand clients’ cognitive and psychological function. The assessments include intellectual, dyslexia, attention, emotion, behavioural and interpersonal communication etc.
Child and Adolescent
- Intellectual Assessment (Giftedness and Intellectual Disability) (2 years up)
- Dyslexia (4 years 3 months to 15 years 6 months)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1 year and above)
- Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (5 years and above)
- Comprehensive Assessment Scales for Pre-School Children (3 years 4 months to 6 years 3 months)
- Social Cognition
- Visual Perception
- Fine Motor
- Gross Motor
- Early Literacy & Numeracy
- Emotional Intelligence (7 years and above)
- Personality (12 years and above)
- Intellectual Assessment (Giftedness and Intellectual Disability)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Prepare / Enrich marital relationship assessment
- Neuropsychological functioning (e.g. attention, ,memory, brain trauma, stroke, Parkinson disease, etc.)
- Pre- and post-brain surgery
- Goal setting and initial therapy
- Referral (if indicated)
Work-related injuries/ Traumatic psychological disorders/ Forensic Assessment
Formal assessment and court report which provide expert opinion for court cases, for both civil and criminal cases.
Dr. Li is experienced in the below psychological challenges:
- Bipolar and related disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Phobia
- Specific Phobia
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and related disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress and related disorders
- Chronic insomnia
- Personality Disorders
- Marital problems
- Chronic pain and illness psychological adjustment
- Stresses for carers
- Grief and bereavement
- Interpersonal problems
- Impulse control problems
- Anger control problems
- Eating disorders
- Work stress
- Excessive worries
- Low self-confidence/ -esteem
- Attention training
- Biofeedback Training
- Neurofeedback Training
- Sports/Work Peak Performance Training
Quality Education Courses
To provide primary and secondary school students, parents and teachers a series of mental health, emotional management, creativity, interpersonal communication skills, leadership ability etc. training courses.
- Training to enhance resilience (e.g. Crisis Communication Skills, Psychological First Aid)
- Crisis intervention (Consultation for management, strategic planning meeting, psychological first aid, crisis management briefing, individual / group crisis intervention)
Corporate, organization and school training
Dr. Li offers tailor made talks, seminars and training workshop for different organizations, including the public, commercial organization and mental health professionals.
- Wong, S Y S; Sun, Y Y; Chan, A T Y; Leung, M K W; Chao, D V K; LI C C K, et al. (2018). Treating Subthreshold Depression in Primary Care: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Behavioral Activation With Mindfulness. Ann Fam Med 2018;16: 111-119.
- Tong, A; Lee, R; Li, C (2017). Who Stole My Happiness: Handbook for Coping with Negative Emotion (誰偷走了我的快樂—應對負面情緒自助手冊). Hong Kong Breakthrough Ltd.
- Wong, S Y S; Zhang, D X; LI C C K, et al. (2017). Comparing the Effects of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy and Sleep Psycho-Education with Exercise on Chronic Insomnia: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Psychother Psychosom 2017; 86: 241–253
- “CBT and Mind-Body Intervention for Insomnia in Breast Cancer Survivors” at the 8th International Congress of Cognitive Psychotherapy on 25 Jun 2014
- “Insomnia among Breast Cancer Survivors in Hong Kong” at the 10th International Conference on Grief and Bereavement in Contemporary Society on 8 June 2014
- “Eight Hour Mind-Body Training Enhance Sleep and Mental Health of HA staff” at the Hospital Authority Convention in 2012.
- “Mindfulness-Relaxation Response Elicited” at the Hospital Authority Convention in 2010.
- Tong, A; Ho, S; Li, C; Lee, R (2004). Pursuit Your Happiness: a practical guide to manage emotions (回到開心時—情緒管理DIY), Hong Kong: Breakthrough Ltd